10. Lock screen message
- Imagine you lost your phone, and the screen is locked with a graphic key. You are the only one who knows that unique code, right? Even though it may look like you won’t see your device anymore, you just might! Using a special feature in a new version of Android, just leave a message on the lock screen. For example, you can ask to have it returned.
- Go to “Settings“ — ”Lock screen and security“ — “Lock screen signature.” Now write a backup phone number or your email there. Done!
9. Recognize Your Song
Save your phone memory from extra apps like Shazam to identify the song. If you are using iOS 8 all you have to do is ask Siri about the song and it will be identified soon. No need to spend time typing or using the app. Siri will be at your service.
8. Save the memory
- Sooner or later, the memory on your device gets full. This is when you can use a flash memory card, cloud services like Dropbox, or back up your data onto a PC. But wait! There’s another cool option: just upload all your data to Telegram Messenger.
- Telegram allows you to send files, texts, and links to yourself. You can use it both as a notepad and cloud storage. Just find your number there, and start using it.
7. Password Pattern
There are different ways to keep your phone locked, like digit password or pattern password. But there is an app which can make the current time as your password. Make sure that no one is aware of the app that you are using.
6. Phone as CCTV
- Use an old smartphone to create a simple security system for your home. An app with a motion sensor function will turn your device into a CCTV cam that takes pictures when someone appears in view. It will send photos to you right away.
- More details on how you can assemble such a gadget can be found here. You can also turn the smartphone into a video-nanny for your baby (here is an app that reacts to selected noises). But remember that using specifically designated devices is always the best choice!
5. Cat and Mouse Chase
Android phones have done a great deal of work by providing a function which can support the external devices like mouse and keyboard. So whether you have more work or touchscreen is not working, you will not be handicapped. Just get the cable which is compatible with your phone and attach the external device.
4. UV light
- A UV light can be very useful, especially if you want to check the authenticity of banknotes. DIY by utilizing some tape, markers, and a smartphone, of course.
- Stick a piece of tape to the flashlight, and paint over it with a blue marker. Repeat step one, paint it purple, then add 2 more layers the same way. Done!
3. Monochrome mode
o you want to save your battery and your eyesight? Then use your smartphone in monochrome mode while reading. Go to the “magical“ developer’s menu, and find ”simulate anomaly,” then switch the monochrome mode on. Now your phone will work in black and white.
2. Access to the magic menu
- If you are really serious about your smartphone and use it all the time, you may as well change its settings like a professional. To do so, you need to go to the Developer Menu.
- Go to: “Settings“ — ”About the phone“ — Click 7 times on “Model Number.”
- Congrats! Now you’re the developer! Using this menu, you can improve the overall performance, signal reception quality, and system appearance.
1. Advertisement Blocker
To block ads on your iOS and Android device switch your phone to airplane mode. Just keep one thing in mind, while you are using this function you cannot make calls or text.